What is Medical Micro-Needling?
Skin Needling, also called Micro-Needling therapy, and Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) is a minimally invasive skin-rejuvenation procedure that involves the use of a pen shaped device containing 12 very fine needles. The needles are used to puncture the skin to create a controlled skin injury. Each puncture creates a channel that triggers the body to fill these microscopic wounds by producing new collagen and elastin.
How does Micro-Needling work?
The device slides along the skin, penetrating the upper layers of the skin to a depth of up to 2mm to create numerous tiny needle wounds. The procedure prompts the body to respond through the creation of new collagen and elastin fibers. In response to the stimulus, the skin plumps and thickens, reducing the appearance of scars, and fine lines and wrinkles.
What conditions can be treated or improved with Medical Micro-Needling?
- Mild to moderate acne scarring; any new or old scars
- Fine lines and wrinkles;
- Loose, lax skin or dull skin;
- Skin texture and pore size;
- Stretch marks
What will I look like after the treatment?
Most people will experience redness and mild swelling in a similar way as mild sunburn for 24-48 hours and there may be minimal pin-point bleeding. Within a week or two, you will notice that your skin is smoother and more radiant looking, but the full effects won’t be seen until a few months later. Ask us about microneedling with PRP for incredible results.
What is the down time after Medical MicroNeedling treatment?
The inflammatory reaction of the skin is extremely short and fades significantly within hours from redness to pinkish that may last for 12 to 48 hours. In order to reduce visible redness, we recommend hyaluronic acid after the procedure, and to protect the skin with zinc based sunblock. The use of mineral makeup is recommended after procedure.
What are the benefits of Medical MicroNeedling?
- Dramatically increases the effectiveness and penetration of active ingredients in topical preparation
- Stimulates circulation and collagen production
- Medical grade titanium needles makes it non-allergenic to human tissue
- Cost effective compared to other resurfacing procedures
- Can be performed on all skin types, including ethnic skin
- It can be used on all areas of the scalp, face, body including fragile skin like around eyes, mouth and neck
What effects does the Medical MicroNeedling have on the skin?
- Improves skin texture and reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Stimulates tissue regeneration
- Disfiguring scars, especially acne scars can be improved as new collagen fibers elevate the depressed scar tissue with the periphery skin
- Pore size reduction
- Improves the appearance of stretch marks
Is Medical Micro-Needling painful?
Prior to the treatment, numbing cream can be applied to minimize pain that is felt during the procedure.
Can Micro-Needling be performed on any skin color?
Medical Micro-needling is safe to use on all skin types and all skin colors.
How many treatments do I need and how often can Medical Micro Micro-Needling procedures be repeated?
Micro-needling can be safely repeated every 4-6 weeks until you achieve the desired results. For collagen induction we recommend to start with 4 treatments, but with a minimum separation time of 4 to 6 weeks between treatments. For scar reduction an average of 3 to 6 treatments are recommended. The number of treatments required will depend on how each individual responds to the treatments, and the extent of the damage at the beginning Micro-needling can be used on all skin parts of the body (neck, décolleté, arms, legs, etc). Most people will begin to see results after the very first appointment. Some patients may also consider regular facials during their treatment.
What should I avoid on my skin after treatment?
To ensure the right healing environment, for 2-3 days do not use AHA’s (glycolic Acid), retinol, acidic or “active” ingredients. Exposure to sun should also be avoided or zinc based sunblock should be used.
- $325 per treatment
- Series of 3 – $900